Executive Functioning Coaching in New Jersey
What is Executive Functioning Coaching?
Executive functioning skills are the set of processes that manage, control, and regulate one’s other cognitive processes, and include such skills as inhibition, planning, organization, and working memory. In the next section, we’ll explain our approach to executive functioning coaching.
Executive Functioning Coaching Sessions Include:
- Setting up weekly schedules that are infused with coaching session times, class location and time, study time, and recreational and social activities.
- Assisting students with creating systems for organizing class content and course expectations
- Creating systems with students to confirm progress in each course.
- Assisting students in advocating for appropriate accommodations and making sure accommodations are in place in all courses.
- Helping students communicate with note-takers, ensuring all pertinent information is included in all notes (i.e. announcements, date changes, assignments, etc.).
- Helping students organize their work and making sure they have everything they need for each course. Teaching students how to break down large, complex assignments into smaller and more manageable tasks.
Who We Are
Who We Work With
New Frontiers in Learning