Career Development Coaching
What is Career Development Coaching?
Career development coaching supports are available to individuals looking to enter the job market. Our supports are tailored to each individual to assist in achieving one’s fullest employment potential. Through scaffolding supports, career coaches assist individuals towards career independence. We provide one-on-one coaching, either in person or virtually, to address specific interests, strengths and career readiness skill building needs.
Areas of Concentration
- Assessing possible career paths, internships, and volunteer opportunities
- Job searching and support through the lens of identifying current trends in the employment market
- Crafting a marketable resume and cover letter customized to a job or career path
- Best practices in interview techniques
- Discovering internship and volunteer opportunities to build career readiness skills
- Consulting and assisting in employment transition and retention
Coaching Sessions Include:
- Customized coaching sessions based on individualized career development goals
- Use of the office and office resources for searching for employment, sending applications and resume distribution during regular business hours
- Access to coaching assistance via phone, email, and virtual check-ins
New Frontiers in Learning